The portable and handheld laser engraver is becoming increasingly popular in 2023. Portable laser engravers mean those laser machines become small and handheld, efficiently storing and becoming user-friendly. Furthermore, although such a compact laser engraving machine, it has a stronger ability on engraving, such as super-fast engraving speed, and laser mode changeable, which is a mini size but giant power. But If you are considering investing in a portable and handheld laser engraver, there are some buying guides you need to know. To save you time, we firstly directly recommend you the top best portable laser engravers that have been verified by us. Hope you can find the laser engraver you want at a satisfactory price.
The xTool F1 is definitely the most amazing portable laser engraver in 2023. With the 4000 mm/s engraving speed, xTool F1 become the faster portable laser engraving machine. The small and compact size design makes it able to as a mini laser engraver, which everything look elegant and full of DIY creative genes.
What is the most exciting thing is that xTool F1 is built in a dual laser source, 2W 1064 nm infrared laser and 10W 450 nm diode laser. Do you know what that means? With the two-type laser in one, you can engrave almost all materials in the world. The 10W 450 nm diode laser doesn’t need to say more, it can cut and engrave on wood, leather, paper, acrylic, etc. The 2W 1064 nm infrared laser is excellent at engraving all metals, including gold and silver. Users can do wonderful DIY crafts, such as jewelry, silver rings, gold rings, etc.
Such a small xTool F1 portable and handheld laser engraver also supports extended kits to meet users’ diverse needs. Such as the Somke purifier to prevent you from haunting by the smoke and RA2 Pro rotary letting you engrave cylindrical objects. xTool F1 was sold on the website for $1599 without any attachment kits, while if you spend $2219, you can get the RA2 Pro and smoke purifier. I think it is worth spending a little more to let it become better.
- Faster engraving speed 4000 mm/s, 20 times faster than Desktop laser engraver.
- Potable and handheld, User-friendly, and easy to use.
- Good design, Smart and exquisite.
- Two-in-one: 2W 1064 nm infrared laser and 10W 450 nm laser
- Most high engraving precision of 0.002mm.
- The engraving area can not satisfy the larger project.
According to LaserPecker’s reply, LaserPecker 4 handheld laser engraver can’t buy on their website until July 18th, 2023 because it is crowdfunding on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. I think LaserPecker 4 handheld laser engraver is a combination of LaserPecker 2 and LaserPecker 3, in a words, if you spend about $1500, you can get the LaserPecker 4 which combine the feature of LaserPecker2 and LaserPecker 3 in one machine.
As same as the xTool F1 portable laser machine, LaserPecker 4 built the 2W 1064nm infrared fiber laser and 10W 450nm diode laser. So you can easily engrave all materials like xTool F1. The most impressive on me is that users can change the laser type by swiping on the touch screen which is really user-friendly. For example, swiping left on the LaserPecker 4 screen changes to 10W 450nm laser mode, and swiping right changes to 2W 1064nm infrared laser mode.
The engraving speed is also amazing up to 2000mm/s, which is 12 times faster than other desktop laser engraving machines. Compare with other portable and handheld laser engravers, LaserPecker 4 has more mini size and a more handheld design, which is perfectly suitable for engraving anywhere and anytime. Another important fact you need to know is that the laser head can be changed to multiple angles to be able to engrave objects in different directions. If you are eager to get it, you need to wait until the second half of the year.
- 2000mm/s faster engraving speed, 12 times faster than other desktop laser engraving machines.
- Built-in dual laser type: 10W 450nm laser and 2W 1064nm infrared laser.
- Change the laser type with a swipe on the display.
- Engraving Precision: 0.003mm
- Perfectly designed, and compact in size but has a larger engraving area than other portable laser engraving machines.
- Multiple angles.
- Can not meet the larger engraving size projects
Atomstack M4 is a fiber laser marking machine, which is desktop and handheld 2 in 1. Compared with other laser engravers recommended in this article, the biggest difference is that Atomsatck M4 adopts fiber laser technology. As you know, the fiber laser engraver has a 1064nm infrared laser which is an expert in metal and plastics marking. Atomstack M4 has a 20W fiber laser with 1064 infrared output, its engraving speed is up to 12000mm/s which is 3 times faster than xTool F1, this definitely blows my mind.
But that’s not surprising, because the ultra-high engraving speed is one of the fiber laser engravers’ advantages. That’s why I extremely recommend you Atomstack M4 fiber laser engraver. In terms of engraving accuracy, Atomsatck M4 has 0.01mm engraving accuracy. Plus, its 70mm * 70mm engraving area can meet various marking needs on objects. Another advantage is the long service life of the Atomastack M4, which has at least 20,000 hours of longevity, and it can guarantee 1-month continuous use.
On the other hand, Atomstack M4 portable and handed fiber laser engraver only has a 20W infrared laser output, which cannot be like xTool F1 or LaserPecker 4 has a dual laser source that can engrave or cut almost materials. But in terms of the engraving speed and marking on metals, Atomstack M4 is the No.1. You can buy it on Amazon for $1299.99, but if you want to save money, you can spend $1049 buying it on Atomstack’s official website.
- Fiber laser enrgaver.
- 12000mm/s engraving speed.
- 20W fiber infrared laser output, for all metals and plastics.
- 20000 hours long service life and able to one month continue to use.
- Only 2.8kg which is easily portable and handheld.
- More affordable.
- 70mm*70mm engraving area, cannot satisfy larger marking projects.
- Without a 450nm laser source, cannot engrave or cut wood.
LaserPecker 3 is a mini portable and handheld laser engraving machine that only has the 2W 1064nm pulsed infrared fiber laser. I am willing to call it a veritable expert in engraving metals and plastics. LaserPecker 3 uses an optical 1062nm infrared laser that no damage to the materials. If you are absorbed in making metal crafts or customizing jewelry, LaserPecker 3 can be your favorite tool.
The Ultra-hight 4K Precision engraving results impress me the most. With the 0.01mm laser spot, it engraves your design on metals and plastics to show you any visible details, which completes what you want. The price of LaserPecker 3 starts at $1529.10, selling on their official website.
Regarding the portable and handheld features, LaserPecker 3 laser engraver only has 2.5 kg which is easy to carry out and handheld to engraving objects. The mini-size design makes it easy to put in your pocket. Furthermore, It also has multiple angles features. You can adjust the laser head angle to engrave objects in different directions.
Plus, batch engraving is the standout function of this handheld and portable laser engraver. If you want, you can open your own studio with batch engraving to customize crafts. In order to achieve batch engraving, you only need to use the batch button.
- Expert in engraving metals and plastics.
- Lighter weight and mini size to able handheld easily.
- Features batch engraving function that meets your batching production.
- Utral-hight 4K Precision engraving results.
- Dual red light focus automatically determines the focal length.
- Multiple angles, able to vertical engraving.
- Only has an infrared laser that limits cutting materials.
The WAINLUX Z4 is cheaper than the other handheld laser engravers I mentioned above. You can buy this WAINLUX Z4 mini handheld laser engraving machine on Amazon for $1089.99, but you can save more if you purchase it on WAINLUX’s official website, which sells at around $1099. WAINLUX Z4 is a 5W portable handheld 2 in 1 mini laser engraver which you can put in the pocket because of its folding and compact design.
WAINLUX Z4 has a 5W 450nm laser power that is perfect enough for engraving or marking objects if you are always focusing on engraving, not cutting, this mini portable laser engraving machine meets your needs basically. In addition to its small and cute design, the auto lift focus features make it become smarter.
- Ultra mini size, desktop handheld 2 in 1.
- Folding design.
- Auto lift focus.
- Net weight only 0.68 kg.
- Only has 5W laser power.
- mini size limited the larger engraving.
Portable Laser Engraver VS Desktop Laser Engraving Machine
In this part, we will introduce the difference between portable laser engravers and desktop laser engravers, which is a buying guide when you confuse about which kinds of laser engravers should be invested in. Portable laser engraver, in other words, a handheld laser engraving machine, or you can call it a mini laser engraver. But it would help if you did not underestimate it. Some of the advantages of those compact portable laser engravers can beat the desktop laser engraver in the market.
The advantages of portable laser engraving machines
Portable, as the words mean that the laser machine should be more mini than a desktop laser engraving machine and handheld easier. You may not know that such a compact portable laser engraver caught everyone’s eye once it popped up on the market because of its features of lighter, easier storage, and easier assembly, which make desktop laser engravers in front of it looks too large and bulky.
On the one hand, portable laser engravers always have faster engraving speeds, like the xTool F1, its maximum engraving speed is up to 4000 mm/s which is 10 times faster than the xTool D1 Pro desktop laser engraving machine. On the other hand, the small portable laser engraving machine is able to be handheld so that it can engrave on many objects easily. For example, if you wanna engrave a pattern on the wall of your refrigerator at home. It is easy to lift it up and engrave the refrigerator wall vertically because of its lighter, small-size features. Thus, with the portable laser engraving machine coming out, it makes up for the shortcoming of desktop laser engravers to meet the needs of different users’ scenarios.
The disadvantages of portable laser engraving machine
On the one hand, compared with desktop laser engravers, portable laser engravers have weaker laser power. Nowadays, the portable or mini laser engraver generally has 10W or 5W laser power normally. But as you know, the desktop laser engraver has developed to 30W or 48W laser power, which has the stronger ability to cut materials. In fact, if you are more attentive to engraving on objects, the portable laser engraving machine is the perfect fit for you and the 10W laser power on those portable laser machine still satisfy the cutting needs, cutting 8mm wood easily.
On the other hand, a portable laser engraver means it is a mini laser engraving machine. Undoubtedly, its small working size limits its ability to make larger creations. Not like the desktop laser engraver which starts at 400 mm*400 mm working area, while the small portable laser engraver has less than a quarter of the size of the desktop laser machine.
Some reliable desktop laser engravers recommend
If you are looking for reliable desktop laser engravers as well, I am glad to recommend you some excellent laser engravers which from 10W to 33W laser power output.
1. Atomstack Maker A30 PRO 33W Laser Engraver and Cutter
150 USD off coupon code: A30PRO150
2. ACMER P2 33W Laser Engraver and Cutter Machine with Automatic Air Assist Pump
Real 33W super laser power
3. Falcon2 22W Laser Engraver & Cutter
25000mm/min Engraving Speed
6. TwoTrees TS2 20W Desktop Laser Engraver and Cutter
Autofocus and large working area
4. xTool D1 Pro 20W Desktop Laser Engraver Cutting Machine
Best-value laser engraver and cutter for home business and DIY
5. Ortur LM3 Laser Engraving & Cutting Machine 20,000mm/min 10W
Get $110 Code: 110OLM3
Who is Suitable for Buying a Portable &Handheld Laser Engraver?
The previous parts introduce many benefits of the portable or handheld laser engraver. Especially the super fast engraving speed impresses consumers the most. If you are hesitant to buy this type of laser engraving machine, please refer to my reason and if meet any of them, please feel free to buy it.
Portable laser engravers are tailor-made for the following users:
1. Those beginners in laser engraving are perfect for purchasing a portable or handheld laser engraver. As a beginner, if you buy a big desktop laser engraver, you can stack with difficulty assembling, setting complex parameters, etc. The portable laser engraver eases the burden of use for beginners to a certain extent because of its features of simple assembly, user-friendly, faster engraving speed, etc.
2. If you are the guy that pursues engraving speed and has no need for stronger cutting ability, the portable handheld laser engraver is also your top choice. Take the xTool F1 for example, the engraving speed is up to 4000mm/s which is 10 to 24 times faster than other desktop laser engraving machines. LaserPecker 4 is also not far behind, its 2000mm/s engraving speed is 5-12 times faster than those desktop laser machines. But LaserPecker 4 can’t buy on the official website until October 2023, according to LaserPecker’s reply.
3. If you are a DIY enthusiast that is absorbed in making small gifts or want to begin to make your small business, I think you already love those portable laser engraving machines. Good and fast engraving results from portable laser engravers can improve your production efficiency. Buying one and letting your home become a creative studio.
4. The portable laser engraver is also suitable for homemade DIY crafts or creative education for children. First of all, the mini size of the portable laser engraving machine is easy to store at home. In addition, portable laser engravers are versatile on a wide range of materials that allow for endless creative possibilities, enabling children to experiment with different materials and create personalized crafts. They can engrave intricate designs, names, patterns, or even artwork onto various objects, such as jewelry boxes, keychains, signs, or picture frames.