Laser Engraver Machine in 2023
In 2023, the market for laser engravers and cutters has expanded. New machines with improved features and capabilities have emerged. The development trend of laser engraving machines is portable and multi-functional in one. However, this is good for consumers because laser engravers are becoming easier to use and meet diverse creative needs.
As the demand for laser engraving continues to grow, many individuals and businesses are looking for the best laser engraving machine for wood to meet their needs. In this article, we will explore the latest developments in laser engraving technology and review some of the top laser engraver machines on the market, helping you choose the best one for your specific requirements. So if you’re looking for a laser engraver machine for wood, read on to discover which one is right for you.
5 Best Laser Engraver & Cutter Machines for Wood
In this new list, we will be taking a closer look at the 5 best laser engravers for doing wood crafts in 2023. We will provide detailed information and insights into each machine’s unique features and benefits. Whether you are a seasoned DIY artist or just getting started in the world of crafting, this list will help you find the perfect laser engraver and cutter machine for wood, so you can take your DIY woodworking crafts projects to the next level.
1. xTool F1 Handheld Laser Engraver
xTool F1 is definitely one of the most stunning laser engraver machine products of 2023. Its handheld feature and the faster 4000mm/s engraving speed really impress me the most.
xTool F1 handheld laser engraver is a 2-in-1 laser engraving machine. It builds with a dual laser source, 10W 450nm blue laser, and 2W 1064nm infrared laser. With this dual laser source, it let you engrave or cut many more materials, not just wood.
Besides, the most amazing thing is the fast 4000mm/s engraving speed. You read it right, it really is 4000m/s engraving speed which is 10-20 times faster than other desktop laser engravers in the market.
Imagine how fast you can finish your work if you use xTool F1 to create woodwork! In fact, the Xtool F1 laser engraving machine is excellent at both wood and metals. Thinking of its size, it is perfect for those who are crazy about DIY crafts.
I extremely recommend xTool F1 become your first portable and handheld laser engraving machine.
- Model name: xTool F1
- Portable & handheld
- Max engraving speed: 4000mm/s
- laser type: 10W 450nm laser & 2W 1064nm infrared laser
- Engraving accuracy: 0.002mm
- Engraving area: 100mm * 100mm
- File type: SVG, DXF, PNG, JPG, and BMP.
- Control software: xTool Creative Space/ LightBurn
- Engraving materials: almost all, up to 300
- Preview: support frame preview and graph outline preview
- Laser focus: Autofocus & manually
- Maximum Cutting Depth in One Pass: up to 8mm wood, 5mm acrylic.
2. LaserPecker LX1 Desktop Laser Engraver
If you are looking for a reliable laser engraving machine for wood. LaserPecker LX1 also is your best choice. LX1 is LaserPecker’s latest launch desktop laser engraving machine. LX1 comes out with 4 changeable modules, including 10W 450nm, 20W 450nm, 2W 1064nm infrared laser, and an artist module.
So, By providing a 20W 450nm laser module, the cutting ability improves to a new level. Whatever you engrave or cut wood, LX1 is perfectly capable. Exception for engraving & cutting wood, you can upgrade LX1 with 2W 1064 infrared laser module to engrave almost all metals.
In a word, LaserPecker is almost a versatile laser engraver. The four quickly changeable modules almost meet your creative needs. Not only become your reliable laser engraver or cutter machine for wood but also is good at engraving metals.
If you have more budget on looking a laser engraver, extremely recommend you purchase all 4 modules.
- Module name: LaserPecker LX1
- Desktop laser engraving machine
- Working area: LX1 400mm* 420mm, LX1 MAX 400mm*800mm
- Max engraving speed: 200mm/s
- Module：10W 450nm, 20W 450nm, 2W 1064 nm, artist module
- Cutting depth one pass: 8-15mm wood, base on 450nm laser module
- Engraving accuracy: 0.01mm
- Engraving material: almost all, if purchase all 3 modules
- File type: SVG, DXF, PNG, JPG, and BMP.
- Control software: Laserpecker APP/ LightBurn
- Laser focus: Manually
3. Snapmaker Artisan
I extremely recommend this Snapmaker Artisan 3-in-1 laser/printer/CNC machine to you, if you are looking for a reliable device to satisfy all your creative needs.
In 2023, you can definitely feel the growing popularity of the all-in-one engraving machine. In fact, I feel that the laser market is starting to change dramatically in terms of innovation because of Snapmaker Artisan. It is the reason that I put Snapmaker artisan in the top 5 laser engraving machines for wood.
Besides as a 3D printer, Snapmaker Artisan also matches a 10W laser head and a CNC milling router head. What’s mean? That means this device can turn into a laser engraver for cutting or engraving for your wood crafts. Actually, Snapmaker Artisan is easy to replace the modules because of the module design. Basically, within 30 seconds replace another module to turn into a laser engraving machine, CNC, or 3D printer.
Why Snapmaker Artisan is best for your wood? The answer is because of the laser module and CNC module. The 10W laser head can meet your designs on wood which have no different from others laser engraving machines. Another thing we are excited about is the CNC milling head. By replacing the CNC milling head, it can turn into a CNC machine to meet your carving and cutting on wood.
- Module Name: Snapmaker artisan
- Multiple functions: laser engraver, 3d printer, CNC router, 3- in-1
- Work area: 400mm * 400mm
- Module: 10W laser head, 3d printer module head, CNC cutting head
- Laser max cutting in one pass: 8mm
- Engraving accuracy: 0.01mm
- Engraving speed: 6000mm/min
- File format: stl, svg, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, dxf
- Supported Software: Snapmaker Luban, LightBurn
- Engraving&cutting: Wood, acrylic, metal, paper, bamboo, glass, etc. 30+ materials
- CNC milling head: 18,000RPM spindle speed, 50 mm/s (Beech)-33 mm/s (Acrylic) work speed
4. xTool D1 Pro Laser Engraver
Xtool D1 pro is a laser engraving machine for wood that has been very popular. Based on your budget or needs for wood creations, you can choose the D1 pro 20W or D1pro 10W.
xTool D1 pro 10W will be a good laser engraver for engraving wood while 20W will be excellent at cutting wood. So, if you wanna more fast engraving or cutting wood, I extremely recommend you choose the xTool D1 pro 20W.
What made me include the xTool D1 pro in my list of the 5 best laser engravers & cutter machines for wood? The answer is the brand reputation, fast engraving speed, and larger working area.
The 430mm* 400mm working area basically satisfies your large DIY wood crafts. Matching with the 20W laser module which is good at cutting wood, let you can apply it to design more wooden crafts.
- Name: xTool D1 pro
- Laser output power: 10W or 20W
- Laser Spot: 0.08*0.10mm(20W), 0.08*0.06 mm(10w)
- Engraving speed: 400mm/s
- Working Area: 430mm* 390mm(20W), 430*400 mm(10W)
- Connecting Interfaces: USB/Wi-Fi/TF Card
- Control Software: xTool Creative Space / LightBurn
- File Type: SVG/DXF/JPG/JPEG/PNG/BMP/TIF/CR2, etc.
- Max cutting wood depth in one pass: 20mm (20W), 8mm(10W)
- Laser focus: Manually
5. Ortur Master 3 Laser Engraver
If you are looking for an affordable but reliable laser engraving machine for wood, Ortur Laser Master 3 may be your go-to choice. It is a normal laser engraver which is matching with a 10W laser module. So it has the basic functions of a 10W laser. Of course, it also supports higher-power laser head upgrades.
You can use the Ortur laser master 3 machine in confidence. On the one hand, Based on our test, Master 3 seems more excellent at cutting wood than others, because it can cut 12mm of wood in one pass.
On the other hand, Ortur Laser Master 3 was known for its 7 safety systems. The safety systems, such as Safety Lock, Active Position Protection, Sloping Position Protection, Exposure Duration Detection and Limitation, Voltage and Current Safety Control System, Host Computer Watchdog, and Emergency Stop Switch.
The most important thing is Ortur LM3’s price is affordable! Based on its excellent engraving performance and cheap price, it is reasonable to become one of the best laser engraver machines for wood.
- Model name: Ortur Laser Master 3
- Laser output power: 10W
- Engraving speed: 330mm/s
- Cutting depth in one pass: 12mm wood, 10mm Acrylic
- Control Software: Laser Explorer APP, Light Burn, LaserGRBL
- Engraving accuracy: 0.01mm
- File types: NC, BMP, JPG, PNG, DXF etc.
- 7 safety protection systems: 1. Safety Lock; 2. Active Position Protection; 3. Sloping Position Protection; 4. Exposure Duration Detection and Limitation; 5. Voltage and Current Safety Control System; 6. Host Computer Watchdog; 7. Emergency Stop Switch;
- Support functions: TF Card/USB/Wi-Fi/APP.
- Focal distance: 50mm
6 Tips for When Buying a Laser Engraver
Facing tons of merchants in the laser market, Buying a reliable and affordable laser engraving machine will be a tough task. But as long as you follow these buying guidelines, you can easily choose a laser engraver that suits you.
According to the budget, choose the laser engraving machine in the right price range. But usually, the cheap laser engraving machine may have a single function and thus cannot meet our creative needs. In today’s laser market, multi-functional laser engraving machines have become popular. Of course, their prices are often high, but they also meet our needs for a variety of functions, and become more interesting in the process of creation!
Power and speed of laser
First and foremost, you will want to consider the power and speed of the laser. This will determine how quickly and accurately the machine can engrave your designs onto wood. Higher wattage lasers will typically be able to engrave thicker wood, while faster engraving speeds can increase productivity.
Another important factor to consider is the size of the engraving area. This will determine the maximum size of the materials you can engrave, and can also impact the overall footprint of the machine. If you plan to use your laser engraver for larger projects, you will likely want a machine with a larger engraving area.
Ease of use is also a key consideration, particularly if you are new to laser engraving. Look for machines that offer user-friendly interfaces and intuitive controls to help you get started quickly and easily.
Materials you mainly engraving
In addition, you may want to consider which materials you prefer to engrave. If you mainly want to engrave and cut wood, the laser engraver machine with a 450nm laser head may be better for you. But if you want to design on metals, a laser engraver machine with a 1064nm infrared laser head is the go-to choice.
If you have no idea to buy which laser cutter or engraving machine. It may be a good choice to follow the famous brands in the market. Generally speaking, the higher the reputation of the brand, the better its customer service. Good customer supports service can save us a lot of energy and money when we encounter product problems in the future.
How to do Safety Protection When We use Laser Engravers?
When using a laser engraver, taking precautions to protect yourself and others from potential harm is essential. Here are some safety measures to consider:
- Wear protective eyewear: Laser engravers emit powerful beams of UV light that can cause eye damage, so make sure to wear appropriate protective eyewear. Or you can choose the laser engraving machines which with protection enclosed cover.
- Use proper ventilation: Laser engravers can produce fumes and smoke that may be harmful if inhaled. So ensure that you have proper ventilation in your workspace. Or if you have more budget, you can purchase a smoke purifier for your laser engraver & cutter machine.
- Keep a safe distance: Stay a safe distance away from the laser engraver while it’s in use, and ensure that others do the same.
- Use caution with materials: Some materials may be more flammable than others, so use caution when engraving them.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions: Always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for operating the laser engraver, and never modify or alter the machine in any way.
By following these safety measures, you can use a laser engraver for wood with confidence.
What Woodwork Can Laser Engraving Machine Do for You?
Laser engraving machine is a versatile tool that can be used on various types of wood to create intricate designs, patterns, and images. Here are some examples of woodwork that can be done using a laser engraving or cutter machine:
Customized signs: Laser engraving can create detailed designs and text on wood, making them perfect for businesses, events, or home decorating.
Personalized gifts: Laser engraving can be used to create personalized gifts such as wooden picture frames, jewelry boxes, cutting boards, and coasters.
Decorative panels: Laser engraving can create intricate designs on wooden panels that can be used for decorative purposes in homes, offices, or public spaces.
Furniture: Laser engraving can be used to add designs and text to wooden furniture pieces, such as chairs, tables, and cabinets, giving them a unique and personalized touch.
Artwork: Laser engraving can create detailed designs and images on wooden canvases, providing an alternative to traditional painting or drawing methods.
Architectural elements: Laser engraving can create intricate designs on wooden architectural elements such as doors, moldings, and window frames, adding a decorative touch to buildings.
How Does The Laser Engraver Machine Work?
A laser engraving machine uses a laser beam to carve designs or patterns onto a variety of materials such as wood, plastic, metal, and glass. The laser beam is a concentrated and precise source of heat that vaporizes the material it is aimed at. Then leaving behind a permanent mark or etching on the materials.
Here’s a simplified explanation of how a laser engraving machine works:
- The material to be engraved is placed on the engraving bed or platform of the laser machine.
- The laser beam is emitted from a laser tube and directed by a series of mirrors to the material’s surface.
- The laser beam rapidly heats the surface of the material, causing it to vaporize or melt away.
- The machine’s computer system controls the laser’s movements and intensity, ensuring that the engraved design is precise and accurate.
- Once the engraving is complete, the material is removed from the machine, and the design is visible as a permanent mark or etching.
Laser engraver & cutter machines can be used for a variety of applications, including creating custom designs on personal items like phone cases or jewelry. If you want to DIY wood craft, the laser engraver, and cutter machine will be your good helper.
In 2023, the development trend of laser engraving machines is portable and multi-functional in one. This is good for consumers because laser engravers are becoming easier to use and meet diverse creative needs. After a lot of testing, we choose the 5 engravers in this article to be the latest list of the 5 best laser engravers. In this way, you will not be confused when choosing a laser engraving machine
These 5 laser engravers can be used by both beginners and advanced people with confidence. But if you are a laser engraving beginner and have a good budget, I highly recommend you choose xTool F1. But if you want to buy a cheaper laser engraver as a starter, Ortur Laser Master 3 is your best choice.